Skip to content

A Natural Path To Health | FAQs

North York chiropractic questions

Questions about chiropractic care? We have answers!

We’re happy to help answer any questions you may have before visiting us, so please enjoy a collection of some commonly asked questions and give us a call if there’s anything we missed.

We’re here to help, and we’re ready to get started.

What is Chiropractic?

Chiropractic is the largest natural health care profession in the world. Our main goal is to help people maintain a healthy nervous system throughout life, so that they self regulate, self heal and thrive as they are designed to do.

This type of approach is known as an ‘inside-out’ system of health care, because it enables you to heal from the inside, which is drastically different from ‘outside-in’ allopathic approaches which focus primarily on relieving symptoms through drugs and surgery.

What are Subluxations?

Subluxations, a condition in which your nerves experience dysfunction, affect all of us.  The word comes from the Latin language and can be broken down as follows:    sub= less | Lux=life (or light) | ation=a condition of.  The purpose of chiropractic care is to remove these subluxations, through gentle adjusting of the spinal column, to allow your nervous system to function at it’s optimal capacity.

Whether your subluxation is the result of emotional (i.e. stress), physical (i.e. injury), or chemical (i.e. medication), the effects of the subluxation can be detrimental to your nervous system’s ability to function and your body’s ability to heal itself.

The World Health Organization defines health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. As a chiropractor, Dr. Weitz’ goal is to help you achieve true health, removing subluxation through gentle spinal manipulation and improving your body’s ability to heal itself.

How is chiropractic different from physiotherapy?

There is really no overlap between the two. As chiropractors, we focus on the overall function of the body starting from the nervous system and moving outward. However, physiotherapists do not. We’re not therapists and aren’t focused strictly on symptoms. We want to help you heal thoroughly.

It all comes down to control.

Because your nervous system is the central control centre for the function of every cell, organ and tissue in your body, and because you are innately self healing, we focus on improving nervous system health so that you can self heal as you are designed to do. This not only tends to reduce symptoms, but it enables you to function better and feel younger and more vibrant.

Why do I need to come back if I feel better?

Many people are surprised to learn that only 10% of your body’s nerves actually inform you of pain and discomfort. The other 90% are in charge of bodily systems and functions. Using pain to gauge your body’s level of health is therefore not a very accurate measuring tool. If your heart or lungs were malfunctioning, but you felt no pain, would you consider yourself to be healthy?

Many patients feel pain relief after only a few adjustments, but that does not necessarily mean that their body has healed. It is important to  correct the subluxation to prevent future health issues from arising. Regular adjustments are an important part of a healthy lifestyle, just like brushing your teeth or eating a nutritious diet.

At A Natural Path To Health, you’ll receive an Insight Millennium scan to see your body’s nerve condition and if there’s any areas that need attention. We’ll suggest options for care that we think will help you heal thoroughly. But, it’s ultimately up to you if you want to come back.

We often see patients coming back because they feel so refreshed and relaxed after visiting us.

Will you suggest exercises for me to do at home?

Yes, we will. Exercises help you heal faster and prevent future discomfort. Dr. Weitz will recommend different exercises for your specific situations and needs. “I’ll show you how to do them and make sure all of your questions are answered.”

What kind of payment do you accept?

We accept Debit, Mastercard, Visa or cash, for your convenience.

Our fees are as follows:

  • Initial Visit: $129.00
  • Regular Chiropractic Adjustment: $40.00
  • Acute Care Visit: $89
  • Re-assessment: $75.00


Dr. Aaron WeitzA Natural Path To Health | (416) 782-1462